Re: Scripts in upstream sources

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:29:14 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:09:06 +0200
> Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>  [...]
> If the perl scripts are package specific, there is no need to put them
> in /usr/bin, they can go into /usr/share and the rest of the package
> patched to find them there.

These script are here to parse and analyse log files and send an e-mail when
matching a pattern.
How to document these scripts if they are located in /usr/share (man or
/usr/share/doc) ?

> > In the solution using patch, if upstream programmer agree the patch, a new
> > version of package will have to be released !
>
> It would be good to get these changes upstream, I don't see why a new
> version of the package is a problem. In the meantime, work on the
> patches in the Debian package.

It isn't a problem but i would like to say that to doesn't get an answer of
style "don't forget to forward these updates to upstream team,..." and so on.

Best regards,
Laurent.

--
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org