Building outside of build directory (build error on power pc etc)

Hi,

The above issue hit my package, and I'd very much like someone to check it is
no longer happening:

http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=siege

I have tested this myself under pbuilder.  It does not seem to be
causing errors now, but would appreciate another view.

However, although the error happened on buildd, I couldn't reproduce this
on my system.  I did set the parameters when creating the pbuilder set up to
'mimic' powerpc and buildd but to no avail...

I'm wondering if there is a simple way when running pbuilder to 'see' if it
has put any files in $HOME ?

If it completes successfully, it clears its staging area, so I can't go
in afterwards to see what it did.  (Writing to $HOME could be tested under
any environment, as long as I could inspect afterwards)

Many thanks for your input in advance,

Tris.