Re: RFS: whysynth

Le Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 02:39:51PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea a écrit :

> I've it now like this:
>
> http://pastebin.com/m79eaf139

Hi again,

this is a much better copyright file. Unless you have reasons to disallow your
packaging work to be relicensed to a later version of the GPL (Upstream may
upgrade to version 3 some day), I suggest you to amend your copyright
statement, to “version 2 or (at your option) any later version”. This will give
the same license to the whole package, which is neat.

Of course, you still have to doublecheck that Upstream did not overlook
non-GPLed files in his source tree before you ask for upload to Debian's main
archive.

I drifted in this conversation because I have some interest for copyright files
those days, but unfortunately I have not proofread the rest of you package. I
hope that you will find a sponsor soon when you are ready (hint: your
README.Debian file suggest that you have not carefully cross-checked your
package as you did not remove the unused dh-make template). If you have
difficulty to find some help, maybe you can try to join a packaging team that
would be interested in WhySynth.

Have a nice day, and thank you for your contribution

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan