Re: Re: RFS: mpview

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Adam Ziaja <aziaja@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you have any signs that upstream is still alive? It looks like a bit
>> dead project from quick look.
>
> No, I just made this package, because of
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=469088 where this
> program is taged RFP...
> So I lost time?

You should have more interest in mpview than just closing some RFP
before uploading it to Debian. Preferrably you should be using it
yourself, be upstream for it, be paid by someone to keep it in good
shape in Debian or be otherwise interested in it.

If you want to upload mpview to Debian you should be willing & able to
take over upstream if they are no longer working on it. To take over
upstream you can either contact them and ask for access and then if
they don't reply use SF.net's registration process to register a
project with the same unix name, which will give you admin access to
the project unless the project developers disagree.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise