Re: RFS: mecab-naist-jdic

At Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:28:30 +0900,
Hideki Yamane wrote:

> > >  Okay, it's not easy to maintain patches. Yes.
> > >  But upstream is quite friendly for us, Debian, and patches will be
> > >  include at next release time. So we does not maintain so many patches
> > >  for this package.
> >
> > You're not answering my question properly.
>
>  But it's easy for "clean" target.
>  What is the best way to deal with changes "autogen.sh" or "autoreconf -i"
>  made? Could you tell me that, please?

You can read a lot of source packages which have that.  They clean
files in clean: target.

If you are going to do something nonstandard, please make
README.source with how to use your source package, as documented in
policy.

4.14. Source package handling: `debian/README.source'

     If running `dpkg-source -x' on a source package doesn't produce the
     source of the package, ready for editing, and allow one to make
     changes and run `dpkg-buildpackage' to produce a modified package
     without taking any additional steps, creating a `debian/README.source'
     documentation file is recommended.  This file should explain how to do
     all of the following:

regards,
	junichi
--