Re: translation support (was: Build reproducibility)

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 00:31:41 +0100
Luca Niccoli <lultimouomo@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/3/25 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
>
> > Ahhh, upstream should not be using this variable, please get them to
> > switch to the po/LINGUAS file instead. This way it should not be
> > nessecary to rebuild the configure & Makefiles in order to support and
> > install a new language.
>
> After I'm done with packaging this version I'll take some time to
> understand well how the whole localization stuff is dealt with in the
> build infrastructure and I'll write upstream.
> Do you have pointers?

$ cd $src/po/
$ intltool-update -r

$ man po-debconf-report-po
(Debian has translators who are happy to do some program translations
as well as the debconf templates - indeed many upstreams translators
are also Debian translators.)

Depends what you mean by pointers.

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep4/

http://www.uk.debian.org/international/l10n/