Re: RFS: fsprotect

Hello,

I'm replying using a copy of the message from google groups, so it is expected
to break threading. Please CC me in your replies.

On Monday 23 March 2009, v13 wrote:
> [...]

In the original message I wrote:

"I've made this a native debian package since it is 100% targeted for debian.
It requires integration for each distribution so it cannot be a generic
package."

The package consists of an init script, two initramfs scripts and two helper
scripts, so I consider it to be 100% tied to debian and debian-based
distributions. I cannot provide a set of scripts for other OSes and this is
not an program that one can "install". It requires integration to the
distribution. It needs to run the init script exactly after the local
partitions are mounted but before anything else is run (so it depends on
init-scripts numbering), it requires support for /fastboot etc.

This tool is developed for debian systems and only tested on debian. If anyone
is willing to port it to other distributions I'll be glad to help but I
won't/can't do (and/or support) that.

The only cross-platform approach I can think of, would be a simple blog entry
with some descriptive text or parts of the source code (after all, it
consists of only two shell scripts (plus two helper scripts)).

Anyway, let's assume that there is no web page at all. I can remove that from
the control file if it would help. I consider the web page to be a minor
issue compared to the advantages of having such a package available.