Re: RFS: commons-math

Hi Matt,

On Thursday 19 March 2009 00:32:55 Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Sun Mar 15 23:58, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 March 2009 21:09:33 Matthew Johnson wrote:
> > > Hi Damien, I'm looking at it now, I've got a couple of points,
>
> Hi, sorry for the delay.
>
> > Sounds reasonable: I've downgraded openjdk-6-jre-headless to a Suggests.
> > But now, Lintian complains about "virtual-package-depends-without-real-
> > package-depends".
> > May I ignore that ?
>
> No, you either have to have <realjvm> | javaX-runtime, or nothing,
> policy (real policy) doesn't allow depends on virtual packages. I don't
> like depending on JVMs from library packages, so I would go for nothing.

Ok, seems logical to me.
Done (deployed on mentors and pkg-java SVN).

[...]
> Ok, can I suggest a compromise. Build-depend on default-jdk and then at
> build time compile with default-jdk and, if openjdk is installed, use it
> to run  the test suite.

It would make the build nondeterministic between different host with different
installed packages [1]. I'm reluctant to make this change (aka you have to
convice me :P.

Cheers,
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/02/msg00171.html
--