Re: RFS: flvtool++

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Vincent MAUGE <vmauge@gmail.com> wrote:

> As it's write on the official website of flvtool++, it's write with
> performance in mind.

Seems like a useful characteristic, would you say that flvtool2 should
be removed in favour of flvtool++?

> flvtool2 doesn't have a recent version (2007-02-13 for
> the last one) whereas flvtool++ is more recent (2009-02-05).

Presumably it is feature complete (or unused) since the Debian package
doesn't have any bugs on it.

> And concerning ffmpeg, even if it is the Swiss Army Knife, I am not sure that it have to
> its job to work on metada of flv file.

Looks like flvtool2 is no longer nessecary since ffmpeg now adds the
correct metadata:

http://www.rooftopsolutions.nl/article/89

> Just to finish, have you any comments on package quality ?

I did't look at the packaging.

--
bye,
pabs