Re: substvar-source-version-is-deprecated

Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@seznam.cz> writes:

> having this warning message from lintian.
> Even I was qooqling a lot I didn't found clear answer how to repair it.

lintian -i says:

 The package uses the now deprecated ${Source-Version} substvar, which has
 misleading semantics.  Please switch to ${binary:Version} or
 ${source:Version} as appropriate (introduced in dpkg 1.13.19, released
 with etch).  Support for ${Source-Version} may be removed from dpkg-dev
 in the future.

Is that still unclear?