Re: dpkg-buildpackage -S error

Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@seznam.cz> writes:

> having this error running sudo dpkg-buildpackage -S

So, you're trying to build a source package.

> debian/rules clean
> dh_testdir
> dh_testroot
> rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
> # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
> /usr/bin/make  PREFIX = /usr clean
> make: *** empty variable name.  Stop.

The command line received the following arguments:

    ‘/usr/bin/make’ ‘PREFIX’ ‘=’ ‘/usr’ ‘clean’

If you want to set a variable, you need that as a single argument:

    $(MAKE) PREFIX=/usr clean

which will result in command-line arguments as:

    ‘/usr/bin/make’ ‘PREFIX=/usr’ ‘clean’

Then make will see a single argument setting a variable to a value.

--
 \        “I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it |
  `\                                 out, it was gone.” —Steven Wright |