Re: debian/rules

<  That is the correct approach, as far as I know. Be aware that you
<  should remove the commented "dh_*" commands prior to attempting to
<  upload the package or getting a sponsor, see the minor issues section
<  of http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

Thanks for advice and link it can really save frustration.

I have one other question about debian/rules

original variable PREFIX in makefile is PREFIX = /usr/local

I shouldn't edit makefile itself so I should to do it in debian/rules file.
The result should looks like this?

build-stamp: configure-stamp
	dh_testdir

	# Add here commands to compile the package.
	$(MAKE) -C source/ PREFIX=/usr
	#docbook-to-man debian/jkmeter.sgml > jkmeter.1

	touch $@

clean:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp

	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
	-$(MAKE) -C source/ PREFIX=/usr clean

	dh_clean

install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k
	dh_installdirs

	# Add here commands to install the package into debian/jkmeter.
	$(MAKE) -C source/ PREFIX=/usr DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/jkmeter install

Makefile is also nested in "source" subdirectory ... thats why " - C source/ "

Thanks for help

mira