RFS: osm2go

(This time with the right email address, I hope. Sigh.)

I've just updated my packaging of OSM2Go on http://mentors.debian.net to
0.6.13-3, and I'm still looking for a sponsor. The new upload clarifies
some outstanding licensing and copyright ownership issues, adds Vcs-*
control fields so that everyone can spy on development easily, and this
time bothers to say which ITP would be closed by its upload :)

In case you're wondering what it is: it's a simple map data editor for
the OpenStreetMap project, http://www.openstreetmap.org/ , a very cool
wiki-like Free-as-in-libre mapping project I'm quite involved with.
OSM2go differs from other map data editors for OpenStreetMap which are
already in Debian (josm, merkaartor) in that it's much simpler to
operate, faster, and much better suited for tiny screens and
resource-starved machines such as early EeePCs or other MIDs and mobile
devices. I think it's prettier too.

OSM2go grew up on the Maemo platform and is quite widely used on a range
of Debian- and Linux-based "Internet tablets" made by Nokia. This
initial Debian build has been de-libhildon-ized and is being tailored
for a more normal GTK/Gnome/whatever desktop feel, but there's no reason
why packages for other screen- and use-profiles couldn't be made from
the same source, with a little time and love.

If you've any comments, please let me know. I'll try to take on board
any suggestions you have.

--------------8<---------------
Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "osm2go".

* Package name    : osm2go
  Version         : 0.6.13-3
  Upstream Author : Till Harbaum
* URL             : https://garage.maemo.org/projects/osm2go/
* License         : GPLv3 (code), GPLv2 (most of the icons)
  Section         : science

It builds these binary packages:
osm2go     - Simple, small-screen OpenStreetMap editor

The upload would fix these bugs: 515937

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/osm2go/osm2go_0.6.13-3.dsc