Re: packaging without make

At Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:19:28 +0100,
Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> I intend to package a web based application which does not contain a
> build system - no Makefile etc.
>
> What is the best way to approach this situation in my package? Create a
> Makefile or whatever?

You can probably do everything you need from debian/rules, since that
is a Makefile. Otherwise you probably end up introducing a patch
system, making a patch the makes the Makefile, and generally making
life more complicated than needs be.  If you already are using quilt
or dpatch, then I guess it does not matter, and you might send a
Makefile upstream.