Re: RFS:qelectrotech

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:59:20PM +0100, laurent scorpio wrote:
>   Package name    : qelectrotech
>   Version         :0.2+svn523.1
>   Upstream Author : Xavier Guerrin   <xavier@qelectrotech.org>
> * URL             : http://qelectrotech.org/
> * License         : GPL
>   Section         : Science
> * Description     :QElectroTech is a Qt4 application to design
> electric diagrams. It uses XML
> files for elements and diagrams, and includes both a diagram editor and an
> element editor.

Not being a developer, this is review only, but there is plenty to get
on with.

Did you run lintian on your built package? The version in sid says:
I: qelectrotech source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
W: qelectrotech source: package-depends-on-hardcoded-libc qelectrotech
depends
W: qelectrotech source: maintainer-not-full-name laurent
W: qelectrotech: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/qelectrotech/LICENSE.gz
W: qelectrotech: copyright-refers-to-versionless-license-file usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
W: qelectrotech: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
 (this is because you still have '(s)' on the end of the author line)
W: qelectrotech: copyright-contains-dh_make-todo-boilerplate
I: qelectrotech: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/qelectrotech.desktop:3 Encoding
W: qelectrotech: desktop-mimetype-without-update-call /usr/share/applications/qelectrotech.desktop
W: qelectrotech: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
W: qelectrotech: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 2
W: qelectrotech: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5
W: qelectrotech: maintainer-not-full-name laurent
E: qelectrotech: depends-on-obsolete-package recommends: cupsys-bsd

You can see the full texts with more information about how to fix them
by using 'lintian -iIE' on your .changes file.

I couldn't make your package build in a sid chroot without making some
changes to debian/control:
 - remove invalid field 'Version'
 - move fields 'Depends', 'Recommends' and 'Suggests' into the binary
   package where they belong

Is there some reason your binary package is Architecture: i386 instead
of Architecture: any?

There are still a few source files that don't have GPL grants in the
headers, consider adding them. licensecheck is a good quick check, but
it can be caught out, so check every file by hand too.

You could also consider making your changes to qelectrotech.pro and
sources/qet.h with a patch system instead of directly.

If anything doesn't make sense please ask.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52