Re: RFS: lbzip2

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM, ERSEK Laszlo <lacos@elte.hu> wrote:

> 1. Can you please enlighten me how the amd64 package was built (maybe you
> built it?)

I built it in a clean chroot using cowbuilder (there is also sbuild,
pdbuilder, lvmbuilder, qemubuilder).

> Is it usual that amd64 packages get processed faster than i386 ones?

Thats only because I built and uploaded it on an amd64 machine. The
i386 one will show up after the package is accepted into Debian by the
ftpmasters, the i386 buildd (autobuilder daemon) builds it and the
buildd maintainer uploads it.

> I apologize for asking such a newbie question, even though I've read (most
> of)
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FTPMaster

Try reading the developers-reference too:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/

> 2. I switched off the package's "seeking a sponsor" flag on
> mentors.debian.net.

That shouldn't be needed, mentors will detect when the package has
been accepted and remove it. I guess the next version of the site code
(debexpo) should also look at the NEW queue and do the right thing.

> However, I also registered myself / lbzip2 on
> sponsors.debian.net:
>
> http://sponsors.debian.net/viewpkg.php?id=465
>
> and I cannot change the Sponsor field (I think rightfully so). Furthermore,
> my personal details still say "I need sponsoring", and the only alternative
> is "I am a sponsor". What should I do to these?

I don't think sponsors.debian.net get used much these days. I
certainly haven't looked at it in years. My advice would be to ignore
it.

--
bye,
pabs