[uploaded] Re: RFS: copher (bugfix)

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 16:07:19 Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Dear mentors
>
> I am looking for sponsorship for my package 'copher' (Paul Wise
> sponsored last time). It closes a serious bug #513710, and also includes
> the VCS fields now that I have converted my repository to git.
>
> The dsc is on mentors at
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/copher/copher_0.1.2+20081201-2
>.dsc

Ok, debdiff looks good. Uploaded. Thanks.
(no need to post back a 'Cheers' message ;-)

I dared to fix the following lintian warning (yes, that is lintian from the
most recent sid): "W: copher: copyright-refers-to-versionless-license-file
usr/share/common-licenses/GPL"

by changing /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 according to the COPYING file.

You should always build, test and lint (rf. lintian) your source and binary
package(s) within freshly updated unstable (sid).

cowbuilder nano-HOWTO follows:
===========================

# do that only once ;-)
cowbuilder --create --distribution sid

# then
cowbuilder --login
apt-get install adduser other_build_dep_stuff
adduser temp
su temp
test build stuff
exit
exit

# anytime before --login after the first time ;-)
cowbuilder --update

# other interesting options include --bindmount, see cowbuilder(8).