Re: RFS: avl

On Saturday 31 January 2009 11:58:10 Loïc Fejoz wrote:
> Dear mentors and debian-science,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "avl".
> dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/avl/avl_3.27-1.dsc

Hi,

This is an interesting package I've never seen before, although even being
trained in aerodynamic and flight dynamics I'm feeling almost lost with the
user interface it provides ;-).

I read avl_doc.txt and session*.txt, but still not sure how to perform trivial
tasks like computing the elevating force and the drag of a given wing
profile. It seems I'm unable to enter or supply the values of: the profile
form and angle of attack coefficients (for both elevation and drag), air
density, air speed, and the wing area in square units.

Another problem I faced while was plotting sample *.avl files (for instance: I
did ../bin/avl wing, then OPER followed by G) is that the plotted image gets
rubbered off when I move other windows over it or when I partially move that
x11plot window out of my screen and then drag it back. Is this a known
problem with Xplot11 driver? I wish the GUI has been Qt/GTK/Wx, but
nevermind ;-)

Other than that, you can remove the trailing dot from the short description as
suggested by policy and lintian, and extend the long description a little
bit.