Re: Licensecheck returns UNKOWN, but it's GPL

2009/1/30 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>:

> I'd say file a bug on licensecheck

I have an other problem with licensecheck:
it doesn't check .h files if given multiple files as an argument.
Is this intented? I didn't find it documented in the manpage (there's
a default regexp for files to be ignored, but I don't see why *.h
would end up there).
Actually, I was missing that there are three header files without
copyright statement.
I'm a bit lost at dealing with copyright, because in the Debian policy
manual and in the new maintainers guide all the information is about
the copyright of the whole package/program: does every single file
need to have his own copyright statement?
Lately I've been hacking with the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics and
I've noticed that there headers usually don't have it, while proper .c
source do...
I'm sorry if my questions are dumb, but I have to struggle to
understand IP law...
Thanks,

Luca