Re: [uploaded] Re: RFS: whohas (bugfix)

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:04:58PM +0200, George Danchev wrote:
> > Why do you think the information in README.Debian is relevant to anyone
> > installing the package?
> >
> > Also, some typos in README.Debian:
> > Intrebid
> > wih
> > upsream
>
> Sure, that particular README.Debian is somehow superfluous here (and could be
> removed in the next release, Jonathan: hint, hint, but no rush or you will
> need some jumbo sponsors ;-), since it duplicates descriptions given in the
> patches' headers. Debian.source (to be refered for package-specific practices
> when someone intends to NMU your package) and REAME.Debian-source (dfsg
> repackaged source) are not relevant also.

I lobbied hard for keeping README.Debian in last time but I can see my
inexperience showing again :-) On review you are right, it duplicates
the patch headers - my aim was to keep the user informed, who will never
see them, but there isn't any real need.

Taking it out will also fix the typos elegantly ;-) but no, it's not
worth another upload, so it can wait until next time.

> I also had a look at 10-debian-versions-511364.dpatch and
> 15-honour-proxy-512902.dpatch which are fine. Thanks. Uploaded.

Great, thanks!

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52