Re: Added requirement for translation of debconf templates

Hi Neil,

One concern I have with your proposal/personal requirement is that:

a) it depends on the time and availability of translators, and
b) [ITP-only] it means that if a package is not in shape, doesn't fit in Debian,
or there's any reason not to include it in the archive it would mean wasted
time and work (depends on the POV of course[1]) for the translators, and am
sure the majority won't be very happen.

For a) not much can be done about, but for b) what I suggest is sending the
first RFC as usual, and once the package gets an ok in terms of "yes, looks
good and I'm willing to help it get in the archive", the package maintainer
should then send the request for translations.

Other than that, +1 for pushing this idea.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net