Re: RFS: mandos (updated package)

On Saturday 17 January 2009 04:46:01 Teddy Hogeborn wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.5-1
> of my package "mandos".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> mandos     - a server giving encrypted passwords to Mandos clients
> mandos-client - do unattended reboots with an encrypted root file system

> The upload would fix these bugs: 509398, 509653

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mandos/mandos_1.0.5-1.dsc

Uploaded, since that would fix #509398 and #509653.

I also did not forget to pass -v1.0.2-1 in order to include your last 'Closes'
to in the *.changes file, and let the archive code deal with BTS as well.

A lintian override (I just saw), which I think is better to be fixed (with the
next upstream release, no rush of course), than overridden:

O: mandos-client: manpage-has-errors-from-man
usr/share/man/man8/plugin-runner.8mandos.gz 297: warning [p 4, 5.8i]: can't
break line

Other lintian overrides seem to be relevant, since these non-standard file
permissions are due guarding sensible data.

P.S. as we all know the beauty of such potential (conditional) memleaks (which
is also trivial to fix) is that they are subtle, rare and hard to reproduce,
i.e it *eventually* gets worst when your memory has been exhausted. Once
reported by the users (usually during the freeze, upon release;-), developers
generally pray hard for these be to unbounded and clearly manifestable ;-)
I'm glad you fixed it.