Re: RFS: whohas (bug fixes)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Jonathan Wiltshire
<debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:

> I've uploaded whohas/0.21-3 to m.d.n which has patches to close bugs
> 5099975, 510019 and 509981. They have gone upstream for his next
> release.

Uploaded.

Next time, please depend on ${DPATCH_STAMPFN} instead of patch-stamp
in debian/rules.

For the manual page change, once the manual page is accepted upstream,
I would suggest a sed command in debian/rules install or binary rather
than a patch. The file in question will be uncompressed on most
systems and compressed on Debian, so upstream's manual page should
just refer to uncompressed intro.txt and Debian should modify it at
install time. See the nsis package for an (ugly) example of how to do
this. This way you won't have to refresh the patch every time upstream
modifies the manual page around the change.

In future, it is a good idea to document the status of patches
upstream in the patch header/description.

PS: I prefer not to be CCed on RFS mails. If have time I'll upload, if
not someone else will.

--
bye,
pabs