Re: Re: RFS: furl

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 09:03:36AM -0500, Weboide wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your replies, this helped me understand more about
> the maintainer job. I will pay more attention to total duplicate
> programs before maintaining them.
> I'll stop maintaining furl.

If it's much consolation your packaging was basically sound, just a few
bits you need to address. So hopefully you have something useful for
next time. You could still use your package yourself (dpkg -i <.deb>),
it just isn't a cadidate for the general archive.

Next time it is wise to retitle your chosen RFP into an ITP (intent to
package), which means developers can give you some immediate feedback
about its suitability before you even start work.

I hope this hasn't put you off packaging something else instead!

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
Sending of encrypted mail is encouraged