Re: RFS: texttrainer

Dear Sandro,

On Tuesday 23 December 2008, you wrote:
> Why is this a native package? Do you really write this ad-hoc for
> Debian and cannot be taken/ported to/used on any other linux distro?

Yes, I do. Originally I've written the software to use myself -- I have a debian machine and want a clean system, so I create packages of my software. Meanwhile other people use it, but distros other than Debian or Ubuntu have never been an issue. Since I find it tedious to work with multiple different directories (one for coding, one per version for packaging), and do not know how to create and test non-debian packages/installers, I never thought this relevant or even useful.

> Please fix it to be a non-native package and get back to us.

If this is important, I will try.
Hopefully there is an easy way to do this, maybe even keeping one directory and creating bash-installer, rpm, deb, ... from that one single directory?

Lots of regards, Jacob.

--
   Boomtime, 65th of The Aftermath, 3174.