Re: RFS: vbetool (QA upload)

On Wednesday 2008 December 10 17:07:06 Julien Lavergne wrote:
>On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 16:49 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> http://www.codon.org.uk/~mjg59/vbetool/download/ shows that a 1.1 version
>> is available.  Since you don't seem to be targetting Etch or Lenny, what
>> reason is there for not using the latest upstream?
>
>2 reasons :
>- I don't know the package enough to test the new version (and possible
>regression).

Best reason I can think of. :)

>- Since unstable is "frozen" for Lenny, I want to let the possibility to
>upload fixes in unstable for migration into lenny.

That's not quite how I understand it.  Right now testing is frozen, which
means packages won't auto-migrate from unstable to testing unless someone
pings the release team.  Still, I'm new so I could be mistaken.

>> BTW, it looks like there's a new URL for upstream.  PTS shows
>> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/vbetool/ which has a really lame, manual
>> redirect to http://www.codon.org.uk/~mjg59/vbetool/ .
>
>It should be fix in the revision I made (debian/control and
>debian/watch).

Ah, sorry.  I didn't actually look at your package.  Thanks for the fix!
IANADD, so I couldn't sponsor you even it was fine.  There's also a lot I
don't know about packaging (still learning) so I'd probably miss something
when reviewing your package anyway.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))