Re: RFS: tspc (updated package, adopting)

Hello Sandro,

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:52:50AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hello Kanru,
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 05:33, Kanru Chen <koster@debian.org.tw> wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.1.1-7
> > of my package "tspc".
>
> debian/rules
> - if you need a patched clean target, then do
>
> clean: clean-patched unpatch
> clean-patched: $(QUILT_STAMPFN)
>   <do real clean tuff>
>
>   without calling debian/rules clean.

OK. I forgot that I can relay on dependency order.

> - install is .PHONY so no need for an install-stamp
> - no .PHONY is defined toh, better if you check dh_make template or
> other packages

Added.

> debian/control
> - you could add even a Vcs-Browser pointing to the web git interface
> - you can remove the last line "." from description
> - uncapitalize "Client" from short description

OK.

> Since you claim  compatibility with policy 3.8.0 and you're using
> quilt as patch system, you have to provide a README.source to explain
> that quilt is in use (simple exemple in matplotlib package).

Added.

> debian/copyright
> - no need to clearly indicate the tarball of the upsteam code, just
> the website is enough
> - it's better to link to GPL-2 files on local system (instead of
> simple GPL), and so license the package
> - misses many information, like correcy copyright years intervall (I
> see a 2001 beginning, for example) and for example
> platform/windows/libopenvpn/buffer.h has copyright holder as
> "Copyright (C) 2002-2003 James Yonan <jim@yonan.net>", like many other
> files in the upstream tarball. Please check every source file in the
> upstream tarball (I usually run a 'find . -type f -exec less {} \;'
> over the full source code to find these files, you can even use
> licensecheck, but don't rely solely on it).

OK. I checked all files and listed their copyright information in
debian/copyright.

> debian/watch
> - is missing: what about adding it?

I can't since upstream doesn't provide the download links anymore.

> Please fix those points (in particular copyright part, which mainly
> prevents the upload) and reupload to mentos (same debian revision for
> me).

Reuploaded, thanks!

Regards,
Kanru