RFS: upprint

Hello everyone,

I seek sponsoring for the package "upprint". The description from
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/11/msg00664.html is as follows:

 The upprint package contains tools for better formatting
 of print jobs. Unlike print systems such as CUPS,
 which delegate all formatting to the print server, the
 upprint tools are designed to work on the user side, and
 therefore under the user's control. The package provides
 the following tools:
 .
 pstops-clip: an extension of Angus J. C. Duggan's
 pstops program for reformatting postscript files. The
 extension allows configurable page clipping.
 .
 psdim: a small utility to be used in conjunction with
 pstops or pstops-clip. It determines the true margins of
 a postscript documents and calculates the optimal page
 placement for n-up printing. It outputs a format string
 suitable for processing by pstops or pstops-clip. In
 order to accurately determine the size of the pages in a
 postscript document, psdim internally uses the ghostscript
 interpreter to render the document. For this reason,
 psdim is relatively slow, but much more accurate than
 other tools.
 .
 lprwrap: a wrapper around the standard "lpr"
 program. Lprwrap is a client-side program, which means,
 all processing is done under your control before passing
 the print job to lpr. Lprwrap can convert common file
 formats to postscript. It recognizes special options
 for duplex printing and n-up printing. It handles n-up
 printing intelligently, with optimal margins based on
 the actual document (see above illustration).

There is similar software like "pdfcrop" from the latex universe, which
is, however, not as solid and fast as this solution. It differs from
what is available in KPDF/evince (or Adobe Reader) by actually looking
at the document to determine where white space ends, instead of relying
on the "margin" data in the document header. Using a little wrapper
using "pdftops" and "ps2pdf" it works well with PDF files of any kind,
which is my main use case. Upprint is great for printing academic papers
in a more paper-efficient and eye-friendly way.

A preliminary package can be downloaded from mentors.debian.net:

http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=upprint

This is my first debian package, so please bear with mistake I may have
made.

Cheers,
Paulus