Re: RFS: copher (2nd try)

Hi Paul

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:01:43PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> It is best not to speculate about future features in the package
> description, please remove the last line.
>
> Uhhh, Depends: is a header for binary packages, not source packages.
> You put ${misc:Depends} in the wrong section:

Done, and misc:Depends - yeh, it was late :)

> The upstream code does not contain any copyright information, please
> ask upstream to fix it (add add your manual page at the same time).
>
> Please also ask upstream to add the standard GPL license grant to the
> script so that there can be no confusion about which version of the
> GPL is to be used.

I spoke to Peter Lunix and he has done both these in CVS, and I've sent
him my man page too. He's not made a release for them yet though,
because there is some other stuff he wants to do first, so I have
checked out the CVS and (I think correctly) compressed it into an
orig.tar.gz, and build the package around that with an epoch.

Also took the opportunity to do some cleaning up, use dh7, etc, so it's
changed quite a bit but I hope for the better. Would you like a
combined changelog or one entry per attempt?

The dsc is at
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/copher/copher_0.1.2+20081201.dsc,
if there are other points to fix just let me know.

Cheers

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Wiltshire