Re: Different suggests/recomends according to architecture

Le vendredi 31 octobre 2008 à 14:33 -0500, Richard Laager a écrit :
> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 18:35 +0100, Julien Valroff wrote:
> > Le vendredi 31 octobre 2008 à 18:24 +0100, Siegfried-Angel a écrit :
> > > If I remember correctly, you can use the following syntax:
> > > "python-psyco [i386]".
> >
> > This is only for build-depends. I think that can also be used for
> > arch:any packages, but as arch:all packages are built only once, the
> > dependencies would be set for the built architecture.
>
> Consequently, you can just convert it to an arch:any package to have
> this work. I've done this for some private packages I maintain for
> myself. I'm not sure if it's appropriate in this case or not, but it
> does work (on arch:any).

The problem is that the source is really arch:all (python scripts), and
I do not see the point in overloading the build daemons just for one
dependency (recommends in that particular case).

After testing, leaving python-psyco in Recommends: does not cause any
issue for architectures where it is not available (tested on amd64),
whereas it is well installed on i386 (with aptitude --with-recommends)

Cheers,
Julien