Re: RFS: swatch (updated package)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 21:55, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 23:54, Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.2.3-1
>> of my package "swatch".
>
> I'm gonna give it a look and let you know asap.

Nice work, but still something to fix before the upload:

- uncapitalize "Log" in short description and change ", &" to
"&"/"and" only (thus becoming "highlighting & hooks)
- please don't "$(MAKE) -s -f debian/rules unpatch" but depends on the
unclean target ("clean: unpatch"), as you depend on patch for
configure-stamp target
- remove patch and unpatch from .PHONY in debian/rules (quilt.make has to do it)
- don't remove build-arch, but leave it in the debian/rules, even if
empty target (it's required by policy)
- dh_link is not needed, so you can remove
- since you claim compatibility with policy 3.8.0, and you're using a
patch system, you have to add a debian/README.source file containing a
text similar to that (this is what I'm using in matplotlib):

This package uses quilt as patch system, you can find some information
about it at:

    /usr/share/doc/quilt/README.source

- copyright information are not updated, since "swatch" is "Copyright
(C) 1993-2008 E. Todd Atkins"
- lintian has a working you might want to fix: "W: swatch:
manpage-has-errors-from-pod2man usr/share/man/man1/swatch.1p.gz:439"

I think I've done :) Get back once you've prepared an updated package
(don't bump revision).

Kindly,
Sandro