Re: Symbols

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles@elpauer.org> wrote:

> In the latest version (2.2.0-1), I added a symbols file I generated on my
> i386 machine. Turns out witty requires a different symbols file for each
> platform (i. e. the amd64 symbols file is not the same as the i386 symbols
> file). My question is: how do I generate symbols files on exotic platforms
> (sparc, s390, etc) I don't have access to?

You could ask your sponsor(s) to build the without-symbols version on
the porter machines and send you the resulting binary packages.
Alternatively you could upload a version without symbols, download the
binary packages and generate symbols files from there. Since not all
the architectures have porter machines up at any given moment and the
first option requires asking DSA to install build-deps, the second
option may be quicker.

> Or should I just give up and not use a symbols file with C++ libraries?

Certainly a tempting option, I think using them is worth the effort though.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise