Re: Help wanted

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Shankaranarayanan Rajakkannan
<srajakkannan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I need some help in creating Linux debian packages. I am interested in
> knowing how to create deb files using my source code. i saw checkinstall,
> but it is specific to  my computer, which i do not want to use. Is there a
> way i could take my deb file add a debian directory put the rules and other
> files in it and build up a debian package. It would be great help for my
> school project.

You might also want to read the debian-mentors FAQ section on
packaging.  In addition to the maint-guide, it points you to both the
Debian Wiki and Debian Women websites on beginning packaging, along
with pointing you to Debian Policy, which will help if you get overly
technical questions.

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#packaging

As always, you can feel free to ask on the mailing list.

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner@gmail.com>