Re: RFS: kio-ftps-kde4

On 2008-10-07, Laurent Léonard <laurent@open-minds.org> wrote:
>> What's with all those commented dh_ foo lines in the rules file ?
>
> Mmm it's default dh_ commands, I suppose I have to delete what I don't need=
>  ?

They clutter reading of the rules file, no reason to keep them around.

>> You asked about how to use cmake. Why did you completely ignore the
>> replies? The cmake usage is wrong.
>
> I read the advice to build the binaries in a different subdirectory and you=
>=20
> seemed to agree that. You also recommended automoc but I didn't found=20
> documentation about how to use it. What's wrong with the cmake usage ?
>
> I saw your patch on dh-make but it concerns the 0.46 version, I used the 0.=
> 42=20
> from Lenny. I will use a Debian Sid virtual machine to build the package.=20

Looking ath this in your makefile:

configure: configure-stamp
configure-stamp:
        dh_testdir

        touch configure-stamp

build: build-stamp

build-stamp: configure-stamp
        dh_testdir

        mkdir $(CURDIR)/build
        cd $(CURDIR)/build && cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
        $(MAKE) -C $(CURDIR)/build

you start with some empty targets that does nothing, then several
commands in the build-stamp target that could need to get several
targets. And it can't recover from a partially failed build.

having build-stamp depending on build/Makefile  and build/Makefile to do
the CMake calls would be better.

>> The copyright file is a joke, right ?
>>
>> How it the rfc file licensed? usually they are non-free.
>
> I will add:=20
>
> Others Copyrights :
>  - rfc4217.txt : 2005, The Internet Society
>
> Do I have to include the full license applied to the document in the copyri=
> ght=20
> file ?

You need the full gpl header in the copyright file, you need to add the
copyright holders and you need to figure out wether the rfc file is free
at all. They usually aren't, so documenting it is not enough.

>> Why do you call your package kio-ftps-kde4 and not just kio-ftps?  It
>> won't be around for lenny release and squeeze will be kde4 only.
>
> I will change the package name to "kio-ftps". Do I have to post a new ITP w=
> ith=20
> the new package name ?

No need to do that, as ITPs are soft intends, it is about making sure
that they are human readable.

>> Lintian warns about rpath. Please don't build with rpath.
>
> According to lintian 1.24.2.1 from Lenny (and I suppose the same version is=
>=20
> used on the mentors.debian.net system ?) it seems to be clean. I suppose yo=
> u=20
> are using lintian 2.0.0 from Sid, I just installed it.=20
>
> Adding "-D CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:boolean=3Dtrue" when calling cmake seems to fix=
>  the=20
> problem, is it the correct way to do that ? I just saw this option in your=
>=20

Yes. Asking cmake to not build with rpath is the right thing.

/Sune