Re: RFS: kio-ftps-kde4

Laurent Léonard <laurent@open-minds.org> writes:

> Mmm it's default dh_ commands, I suppose I have to delete what I don't need ?

Yes, your ‘debian/rules’ should contain only those commands that are
specific to your package, and not leave any unused examples. The same
goes for the entire contents of ‘debian/’, too.

> I will add:
>
> Others Copyrights :
>  - rfc4217.txt : 2005, The Internet Society
>
> Do I have to include the full license applied to the document in the
> copyright file ?

The ‘debian/copyright’ must contain the full license terms for all
works that make up your package (and, if applicable, the license terms
for the work as a whole).

Exception: In the case where the license terms are already in Debian
in the ‘/usr/share/common-licenses/’ directory, you can refer the
reader to a specific file in there.

You would do well to write your ‘debian/copyright’ file to conform
with <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat>, which
will also have the benefit of reducing ambiguity in what's required.

> I will change the package name to "kio-ftps". Do I have to post a
> new ITP with the new package name ?

I would recommend simply retitling the existing ITP bug report, but
others may have a reference to contradict this.

> > > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > No it doesn't.
> >
> > Lintian warns about rpath. Please don't build with rpath.
>
> According to lintian 1.24.2.1 from Lenny (and I suppose the same
> version is used on the mentors.debian.net system ?) it seems to be
> clean. I suppose you are using lintian 2.0.0 from Sid, I just
> installed it.

Yes, packages you submit should be built and tested against the
‘unstable’ suite (‘sid’).

You might like to investigate the ‘pbuilder’ package, and schedule a
job to update a ‘sid’ image once per day. I use it to build and test
my packages against ‘sid’ while keeping my active operating system at
‘lenny’.

--
 \        “Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas |
  `\     are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.” |