Re: Packaging with CMake

Hi,

Laurent Léonard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build the package kio-ftps, but the 0.2 version (for KDE 4) uses
> CMake. What is the procedure to build a Debian package with CMake ?
>
> Thank you,

If your question is how to compile the package sources (not how to build the
package), you should create an empty directory (the "binary" directory where the
program will be built), then from there invoke "ccmake <path_to_sources>". The
path is where the top CMakeLists.txt file is. You can also try "cmake-gui" if
you have it.

If your question is how to build a Debian package... I don't know about any
"standard" procedure. I had to do such one package and I created a dummy
"configure" scripts which in turn calls "cmake" with some proper variables set.
Apart from that configure, the rest is using the standard Debian packaging tools.

If anyone knows about a more elegant way than the "dummy configure file", I'd be
also interested in it :-)

JL

Jose-Luis Blanco-Claraco      Phone: +34 952 132848
Dpto. Ingenieria de Sistemas y Automatica
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion       Fax: +34 952 133361
Universidad de Malaga
Campus Universitario de Teatinos
29071 Malaga, Spain

http://www.isa.uma.es/jlblanco