Re: New package : aodv-uu / looking for a mentor

Hi Fabien,

On Saturday 30 August 2008 02:15, Fabien Cellier wrote:
This is a routing protocol based on RFC3561 for Ad-Hoc networks. This
implementation seems to be the "best" available.

(Why) do you think it is the best protocol for ad-hoc networks? Or do you mean this program is the best implemenatation of rfc3561?

Hi, and thank you for your answer !

I mean that it *could* be the best implementation of rfc3561.

Well, when I was searching the web for information about it (few month ago), this was the impression I had.

What is the largest scale (test) setup which has been done with aodv-uu/rfc3561?

</seriously curious>

I cannot answer this. I personally used it successfully with 3 computers. For largest scale test, please refer to upstream author.

http://core.it.uu.se/core/index.php/AODV-UU

It must have been tested by some other universities as well. There is an IPv6 patch provided by the University of Buckingham, for example.

I think it would be a good idea to make it available for every Debian
users.

Probably, yes. But we are in a freeze atm, so no new packages are possible. That's also why I'm currently not interested in sponsoring aodv-uu, I rather concentrate on fixing release related stuff. "Sorry" :-)

I thought it could go to unstable in the meanwhile.

Anyway, releasing lenny is more important, and this package is not something critical.

This can wait a little, and be sponsored after the "lenny rush", don't you think ? :)

Please CC me on your answer.

Done. (No need to cc: me, I read debian-mentors@.)

Thanks. And I won't cc: you, I promise. :D
Regards,

Fabien