Re: No sponsor found for weeks, what to do now?

Andreas Schildbach escreveu:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have created and uploaded (to mentors.debian.net) two Debian packages
> some weeks ago, and have advertized them on this group. However, until
> now, no sponsor was looking after the packages.
>
> I'd like to know what to do now? Just wait? Starting to personally
> e-mail Debian developers I happen to know?
>
> The packages in question:
>
> phpmyid - standalone, single user, OpenID identity provider
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/phpmyid
>
> wordpress-openid - OpenID consumer plugin for WordPress
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wordpress-openid

I'd recommend periodcally (say, once in a month) reposting the RFS to
the list, to see if it catches the eye of someone. Sometimes it takes
time, but eventually you should find a sponsor.

Also, for packages for which there is a team (games, perl, science and
others that I don't recall), try posting to the team's mailing list, or
get in contact with members of the team in some other way.