Re: Advice

2008/8/25 Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@hellug.gr>:

> There _is_ actually a mentoring program by the debian women project. I don't
> see why they wouldn't accept a male mentee. In fact, there are thoughts of
> expanding it outside d-women, according to the web page.
>
> http://women.debian.org/mentoring/

I would volunteer myself to mentor someone who would really like to
learn about Debian management, as long as:

1) My time is quite limited, so the person should need to be proactive
and willing to do some work on their own. I could help in directing
them but I could not do all the work for them.
2) I'm very involved in packaging games, C/C++ stuff and Python. I
wouldn't be a good mentor for someone wanted to maintain web
applications, Java stuff, fonts or things like that.
3) I would prefer to mentor other girls, as one of my goals would be
to be able to increase the number of women in Debian, but I wouldn't
object mentoring guys. That would be OK too.
4) As Spanish is my native tongue, it wouldn't be a problem to help
other Spanish speakers who could be not so fluent in English, as long
as they took into account that to really get involved in Debian
development they should get proficient in this language.

Greetings,
Miry