Re: upstream has license which is an edited GPL

Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 01:42:13PM +0400, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > In this particular case of CDDE I believe that the author simply
> > made a mistake. That was, perhaps, his first project under GPL. He
> > did not realize that the GPL preamble and appendix were
> > inseparable parts of the GPL document. For instance, his project
> > page on Freshmeat [1] explicitely states that CDDE 0.2.0 is under
> > GPL.
[…]

> I have received a reply from the author. That was indeed his first
> project and somehow he made that mistake. Problem solved!

Thank very much for your efforts in working with the copyright holder
to resolve this problem satisfactorily.

> PS Will package it soon and then ask for sponsorship here :)

Presuming "here" is only 'debian-mentors', that'll be good :-)

--
 \     “Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood |
  `\                                                  it.” —Niels Bohr |