Re: versioned Build-Depends on debhelper

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 08:30:15PM +0200, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le Wednesday 30 July 2008 20:22:18 Stanislav Maslovski, vous avez écrit :
> > Hello again,
>
> 	Hi !
>
> > My sponsor asked me to delete versioned build dependency on
> > debhelper. I had it in the form "debhelper (>= 5)" and changed
> > it to just "debhelper". I am wondering if this is right.
> >
> > In debian/compat I put "5".
>
> Why didn't you ask him directly ?

I asked, however I was not fully satisfied with his explanations
(I hope he will excuse me for this :) ) and wanted to ask a broader
audience to make things bright and clear to me.

> I believe the fact that current etch already sips debhelper >= 5
> makes this versioned build-dep void..

All right. I simply saw too many packages built with that kind of
versioned dependency.

--
Stanislav