Re: RFS: dgtdrv: POSIX driver for the DGT chess board

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 04:45:38PM +0200, W. van den Akker wrote:
> > notebook:/home/wvdakker# /usr/games/dgtdrv2 /dev/ttyUSB0 display
> > info string ---------------------------------------------
> > info string
> > info string         /      /      /
> > info string     ___/ ___ _/_  ___/ /_- |  /        POSIX
> > info string    /  / /  / /   /  / /    | /        driver
> > info string   (__/ (__/ (_  (__/ /     |/        engine
> > info string       ___/
> > info string              for the DGT digital chess board
> > info string ---------------------------------------------
> > info string (c) 2006-2007 by Alexander Wagner
> > info string     $Revision: 1.18 $
> > info string ---------------------------------------------
> > info string Initialising...
> > info string Chessboard found and initialised.
> > info string dgtnix Version : 1.9.1
> > info string DGT Projects - This DGT board is produced by DGT Projects.
> > info string DGT Version    : 1.8000
> > info string DGT Serial No. : 09799
> > info string DGT Chess Clock: NONE
> > info string DGT connection : /dev/ttyUSB0
> > info string BUS Address    : 0x4c-0x47
> > info string Engine mode    : crafty

Does it work "out-of-the-box" with the Debian package of crafty? Will it
work with any chess program "out-of-the-box"?

The reason I ask is that I think crafty needs to be compiled with dgt
support. But if you type dgt in crafty you get:

Illegal move (ambiguous): dgt

These boards are expensive and it would be a shame if a user had to jump
through hoops to get it to work with Debian.

IANADD but would like to see this package in Debian *if* crafty worked
with it.

Maybe the crafty maintainer would consider helping you?

--
Chris.
======