Re: RFS: scim-python: python bindings and input methods for scim

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 08:27:32AM +0800, Zhengpeng Hou wrote:
> 2008/6/22 LI Daobing (李道兵) <lidaobing@gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > 2008/6/22 ZhengPeng Hou <zhengpeng.hou@gmail.com>:
> >> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:43:18AM +0800, LI Daobing (李道兵) wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Would u mind tell me how to use it? after I built the packge with your
> >> source tarball(built with updated sid sbuild), and installed those
> >> binary packages, except the dbg one, re-login, I could not have it in
> >> skim. so is there anything wrong? or it can not work with skim?
> >
> > I does not test with skim, and it should does NOT work, please test with scim.
> >
> skim is just a kde fronted of scim, I don't think there is anything
> specific to skim. if scim-python
> can not work with skim, then we'd firstly check what's wrong with scim-python.
> Cheers
> Zhengpeng Hou

What I know as a part of SCIM package team:
 * The KDE libraries were behind Gnome ones to support immodule.
 * Some SCIM package seems to disable skim support by the maintainer patch.

If you think skim support is important and these are unjustly removing
support, please povide patch+test result report to us.

This is volunteer work.  Please do not tell people "you should be able
to do this if you learn how...".  If you know better, tell us the
answer.  Quite honestly, I feel the same way for skim support but I do
not have time to test unfamiliar programs.

Thanks,

Osamu