Re: RFS: scim-array - SCIM IMEngine module for Array 30

Osamu Aoki wrote:
|> Upstream Author: Yu-Chun Wang
| I see you are the upstream.

No.
I am not the upstream author. I am Wen-Yen Chuang, not Yu-Chun Wang.

| Did you check lintian?
| W: scim-array: debian-copyright-line-too-long line 3

Fixed.
It was lintian clean when I mailed the old RFS.
The warning message is produced by newer lintian.

| scim_array_imengine.cpp:165: warning: deprecated conversion from
| string constant to 'char*'

Fixed.
I will mail the patch to upstream author.

| I do not see README nor README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/scim-array.

Fixed.

| Now:        Licence: GPL-2 or any later version
| My thought: Licence: GPL-2+

Fixed.

| dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libdl.so.2 could be avoided if
| "debian/scim-array/usr/lib/scim-1.0/1.4.0/SetupUI/array-imengine-setup.so"
| were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
| Can you clean them up?  (Did you build with debuild or pdebuild?
| Then you should have noticed.)

Those dependencies are provided by pkg-config automatically.
I have not idea how to fix them cleanly.

The latest package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
~ * dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scim-array/scim-array_1.0.0-1.dsc

A step by step HOWTO to test scim-array:
~ * http://www.calno.com/moto/scim-array/

Kind regards
~ Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)

- --
My GPG key is signed by Debian Developer Masayuki Hatta.