Newbie Help - Ruby on Rails packaging questions.

OK, I am attempting to package up redmine and need some general pointers. I'm going through the New Maintainers Guide tutorial and have run into a few things that I need clarification on.

1) Is there any type of automated way to extract license info from a series of files? I am using a simple grep to do my heavy lifting but it seems pretty crude; has no one built anything better?

2) redmine itself is under GPL-2 but there are some files in the archive under various other license (MIT, LGPL, Ruby) and some files have no license at all. How do I represent this information in the debian/copyright file? Listing each file and it's license individually would be overwhelming. What is the best practice here?

3) The step-by-step tutorial in the DNMG tells the story of packaging software that is buildable (i.e. has source code). Since my software is built on RoR it doesn't really "build" anything. Is there a better tutorial on how to package these types of things (Perl scripts, RoR, Python programs, etc.)?

Thanx!
  Richard