Re: Fwd: Issue 126 in scim-python: license issue about pinyin_table.txt

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 09:04:30PM +0800, LI Daobing (李道兵) wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I got a question from the upstream, the source tarball contains GPL
> and LGPL code, and this source tarball can generate several packages.
> can I release one package in GPL and another in LGPL?
>
> Thanks.

I think your confusion and upstream's confusion is summarized by "can I
release one package in GPL and another in LGPL?".  Why you want to
change whole thing to one.  Many software packages contain many forms of
licenses.  as long as they are compatible to make released package, we
package them for release.  We do not try to change license when
packaging software with sane set of licenses.  I tink this is sane set
and thus we should keep them as is.

Osamu