Re: RFS: xaos (updated package)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 01:25, Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> wrote:
> Are you sure this change is safe?
>
> * debian/menu
>  - added explicitly the binary program instead of using sh to launch it
>
> Maybe there was a reason this made sure that the program was called
> with HOME as the working directory.

It may be, but for my testings, nothing "strange" happened. The only
relevant reference to that in debian/changelog is way back in 1997
about setting /tmp (later then changed to HOME) before running the
problem to save there the files. I tested it, and it asks for a
directory now.

In addition, (but I don't know if it's good or bad :) ), the desktop
file in Ubuntu calls directly the binary, as the one now shipped in
this Debian package.

Thanks for the check!

Sandro