Re: How to not break dependant packages

Le 17 juil. 08 à 15:58, Sean McE a écrit :

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:30:08 +0200
Thibaut Paumard <paumard@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

I guess you are running unstable: you have to expect those glitches.
It should not happen in testing or stable. It should not happen in
unstable very often either: apparently it's only for new upstream
versions of claws-mail.

I'm running testing.

Then I believe the maintainer could do something with the dependencies, but I'm not sure what. Setting Conflicts in claws-mail on the previous version of the plug-ins would ensure that you don't keep installed plug-in that don't work, so that you can decide to not upgrade until those packages are upgradable. (This is true in unstable as well).

Actually, I thought that there would be a way of preventing claws- mail from migrating to testing until all the plug-ins can migrate as well, but I'm afraid that would mean _depending_ on all the plug-ins. Not sure whether _recommending_ would work for that purpose.

Regards, T.