Re: How to detect an upgrade from an older version of a package

Don Armstrong wrote:
> The right way to do this is to test the SQL database itself if it
> needs to be updated. [Indeed, ideally the module itself would handle
> upgrading itself if it was running an earlier version.]
>

> Don Armstrong

Yes, mod_log_sql should be able to upgrade itself, we know that and this
has been discussed with the upstream maintainer. The only problem is
that the upstream is currently quite busy... with his first child! :)

Anyway, thanks for all the good remarks, I think the last one from Don
is the best answer (eg: check for the database format itself, and see if
it needs upgrade).

Thomas