Re: font policy changes

OoO Lors  de la soirée naissante  du lundi 14 juillet  2008, vers 17:50,
Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> disait :

>> It will always fail, because the user running the script (root) won't
>> normally have access to the X server.

> See, I thought that too, and then I tried it and it seemed to work fine.
> Maybe my test was wrong?

If HOME  was set to ~user,  root can find ~user/.Xauthority  and is then
able  to  use  the  xserver.  Same applies  if  XAUTHORITY  variable  is
correctly set.
--
 /* After several hours of tedious analysis, the following hash
  * function won.  Do not mess with it... -DaveM